If you couldn't find a UEFI compatible bootdisk, try the most powerful Windows password removal utility - PCUnlocker, a bootdisk based on Windows 8 PE which can boot in UEFI mode from either a USB flash drive or a CD. Here's our guide on how to reset Windows 8 password on ASUS laptop.
Part 1: Create A PCUnlocker Live CD/USB Drive
- Before resetting ASUS laptop password, you need to use another computer to make a PCUnlocker boot media. After you've downloaded the full version of PCUnlocker Enterprise (trial version), unzip it and you'll get a disc image file called pcunlocker.iso.
- Next download and install the freeware ISO2Disc. Run the ISO2Disc program, click on Browse button to select the PCUnlocker ISO image.
- To make a PCUnlocker Live CD, simply select Burn to CD/DVD and click on Start Burn. However, if you don't have a blank CD at hand, you can make a UEFI bootable USB drive: Choose your USB drive and select GPT partition style, and then click on Start Burn.
- Plug the USB drive into a USB port of your locked ASUS Windows 8 laptop, or put the CD in the optical drive if you've created a Live CD.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2, or Delete
key repeatedly until the UEFI (BIOS) Setup screen appears. Since boot
is extremely fast, I always need a few attempts to get inside.
- In BIOS, go to the Save & Exit tab. Select your CD or USB drive under Boot Override and press Enter. The computer will automatically boot from your specified boot media.
- After one or two minutes, you'll see the PCUnlocker program
that lists all of your existing Windows accounts. If you've set up a
Microsoft account as your laptop's login, you can see the associated
email address in the Description column.
- Choose a local account and then click Reset Password button, it will reset your forgotten local account password immediately. To unlock a Microsoft account, choose the associated local account and proceed. The program will assign a new password: Password123 to your MS account for logging on locally.