If you've created a Windows 8 password reset disk beforehand, you can use it to reset the forgotten password easily. But in case you haven't taken precautionary steps earlier and you forget the password, you can't create any type of reset disk without logging into Windows 8. Here, I am going to discuss most of practical methods to recover Windows 8 password if you have forgotten it.
Method 1: Recover Windows 8 Password in Safe Mode
It's the best way to recover Windows 8 password by using the built-in Administrator account. When you install Windows 8 for the first time, it asks you to create a new user account to use on the computer and once you create it, Windows setup automatically disables the Administrator account and you can't access it in normal mode. The next time you forget your user password, you can boot into Safe Mode and login with Administrator account and reset the user password.
- Boot your computer and immediately press on the F8 key repeatedly until your computer displays the boot menu.
- With the arrow keys, choose Safe Mode and press the Enter key.
- On the home screen, click on Administrator. If you have no home screen, type Administrator and leave the password field as blank.
- Click on the Start menu in the bottom left corner, go in the Control Panel, then in User Accounts you can reset any user password easily.
Method 2: Login with Hotmail Password or PIN Code
It is well known that Windows 8 offers us multiple ways to log into Windows 8 like using traditionally text password, Hotmail password and PIN code. If you set your Hotmail account for Windows 8 login then you have a chance to recover Windows 8 password. Open your Hotmail email ID on another computer and then change its password with a new one. After changing the Hotmail password, try to login on Windows 8 using the new password and make sure that your Windows 8 is connected to internet during this time.
If you have used PIN code on Windows 8 previously then you can use it again to login on Windows 8.
Method 3: Recover Windows 8 Password by Third-party Software
PCUnlocker is the only software you need if you fail to recover Windows 8 password after using all the above methods. This is the ultimate Windows 8 password recovery solution with a 100% success rate.
- Download the self-extracting Zip file of PCUnlocker package.
- Uncompress the package, there is a ISO image: pcunlocker.iso. Burn it onto a CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
- Boot your locked computer from the newly burned CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
- Wait until the boot process is finished. When a window pops up with all your Windows accounts, select the target one to reset the password.
Forgot your Windows 8 password? With the methods above you can recover Windows 8 password easily. No need to reinstall the whole operating system and all other software installed on your computer.